Open SUNY Twitter Team Captain of the Open SUNY summit twitter team responsibilities:
Involves organizing a team of people from among our community that will be attending the conference to begin twittering about the conference in the months prior to the conference to get things going, and to commit to:
- Attend and twitter the conference live.
- Keep track of, and represent questions from the virtual audience during live streamed presentations at the conference.
- Promote the event via social media/networks.
- Distribute information about the conference via social networks.
- Identify, recruit, and manage 5-10 volunteer Open SUNY community twitter-ers/twitterati for the conference, who would be recognized and appear on the official Open SUNY Summit twitter team list : )
This will help us have an active backchannel for the conference, showcase the event, showcase Open SUNY and (the power of) SUNY, make it more engaging for virtual participants watching the streamed presentations, and extend the reach of the event to all our collective followers. With help from such a team we can also build anticipation for the event and extend the conversation a little beyond the end of the event.
The Open SUNY Twitter team captain and Volunteers should have familiarity with live tweeting conferences, have unblocked twitter identities, have familiarity and access to additional social networks, have following and credibility as a participant in social networks/media.